Web51 Directory structure
The CD contains the following directories:
- FIRMWARE - archives of current distribution version including all source codes (NDA applies).
- SW - selection of useful third-party software (text editors, etc.)
- WWW - complete WWW pages, current as of the date of the distribution version. Unlike the on-line version, it contains more detailed description of TCP/IP communication (ARP, ICMP, TCP,...) and several other interesting things. Details are on the order form.
- Web51 all utilities for application development. It can be created by unpacking the BINUTILS and Web51 free development system packages from the Web51 distribution - DOWNLOAD.
Selection of utilities is intended for version 1.13 and may change in the future.
The following description details this directory. We recommend to copy the entire WEB51 directory to your hard drive. We also recommend to add /BIN to your PATH search variable.
Contains all executables for the Web51 development system, except for the .ASM editor and device programmer.
- mcs51-as - GNU assembler. See as.pdf in /gnudoc for more details.
- mcs51-ld - GNU linker. See ld.pdf in /gnudoc for more details.
- mcs51-objcopy - GNU objcopy - copies and changes between compiled formats.
- bin2hex.exe - converts of binary files into Intel HEX
- bash GNU Bourne-Again SHell - DOS32 version of the UNIX command interpreter. See bash.html in /gnudoc for more details.
- make GNU make - DOS32 version of the make utility. See make.html in /gnudoc for more details.
- perl - Perl interpreter
- rm GNU rm - DOS32 version of the UNIX file remove utility.
- html2db.pl - Perl script for conversion of html/jpeg/gif... files to a form that can be compiled by mcs51-as / a51 (Intel/Keil). Described in WWW docs - see html2db.pl
- ip2hex.pl - Perl script that generates ip.inc. See mac2hex.pl and ip2hex.pl.
- mac2hex.pl - Perl script that generates ether.inc. See mac2hex.pl and ip2hex.pl.
Depending on the programmer, /bin can also contain ISP programming utilities; see In-System Programming.
- bashref.htm GNU Bash Reference Manual
- make.htm The GNU Make Manual
- ld.pdf The GNU linker - V2.11 / ld version 2
- as.pdf The GNU Assembler - V2.11
- gpl.htm GNU General Public License
- gnu.jpg GNU logo
This directory contains libk and libw libraries, project kernel, and a script that links individual modules and libraries into the final program.
Depending on the licence type (proprietary/GPL), complete source code may or may not be included.
- libk23.a Standard libk library supplied with the system, compiled with support for 2 TCP stacks, active connection establishing for stack no. 1, serial line support.
- libk80.a Standard libk library supplied with the system, compiled with support for 1 TCP stack, no serial line.
- libw23.a Standard libw library supplied with the system, compiled with support for 2 TCP stacks, active connection establishing for stack no. 1, serial line support.
- libw80.a Standard libw library supplied with the system, compiled with support for 1 TCP stack, no serial line.
- web51_23.obj Basic kernel (2TCP/...) compiled with standard settings
- web51_80.obj Basic kernel (1TCP/...) compiled with standard settings
- www51.sc Script that controls the mcs51-ld linker, ensuring proper linking of modules, libraries and other parts into the final build.
Contains a library of CGI scripts for use in HTML pages. Both sources and compiled versions are there. Distribution version contains binaries compiled for the appropriate libx80version.
Contains a set of example projects that demonstrate WEB51 programming. We recommend to store your own projects in this directory as well. You will find a basic set of example applications here.
|Web51 description||News||FAQ||ORDER FORM||DOWNLOAD||Links|
|(c)Copyright 2000 - 2002, HW server & Radek Benedikt